Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Freedom of the press

2005 seems to be a turning point for the Bush administration's public relations. It seems that the press has finally developed a backbone. I remember first thinking this in the aftermath of Katrina. The coverage early in the disaster was very embarassing to all aspects of the government. And recent revelations about domestic spying may prove even more so.

I am thankful everyday that we (still) have a free press. I am happy that after a fashion it can still stand up and tell the public of the wrongs and injustices that are being done in the name of protecting freedom. The administration may call the individual or individuals that 'leaked' the details of their actions traitors or worse. In my mind I am glad that they had the courage to stand up for what they believed was right (even if it does turn out to be Carl Rove).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home